Challenge Group Guide
Get content you can customize and share with your 3-Day Refresh® Challenge Groups.
- Create a Challenge Group in the My Challenge Tracker Coach Portal, and invite your participants to download the My Challenge Tracker App. Alternatively, you can set up a private Facebook® group.
- Review the Product Training Guide for everything you need to know about 3-Day Refresh.
- Share this message with your challengers.
- Post Week 0 topics to your group's feed.
Challenge Group Best Practices
- Use My Challenge Tracker. My Challenge Tracker was designed to help you run your Challenge Groups and get your customers the best results possible. Using the app, your participants can track their workouts, Shakeology, weight, measurements and progress photos, while interacting with one another in a closed forum. Simultaneously, with the Coach Portal, you can gain insights into your participants’ daily activities to help keep everyone accountable.
- Kick off with a group meeting and set expectations. Whether in person, via Zoom or over the phone, holding an initial group meeting is a great way to set clear expectations that can define a rewarding experience for your participants. It also creates a team culture where participants can feel a sense of belonging and gain encouragement from others. Walk them through the My Challenge Tracker app, showing them how to track their activity and engage within the group. Tell them what they need to do to be successful (i.e., check in daily, drink Shakeology, set realistic short-term and long-term goals, etc.). Share how you and others in the group will support them along the way.
- Share the Team Beachbody meal prep guides. These guides are tailored to different calorie needs and make meal prep simple, providing grocery lists and step-by-step instructions for planning breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks — one week at a time.
- Lead by example with our #1 Vital Behavior, be proof the products work. Track your activity and share your experiences daily, so your participants can replicate actions that will help them succeed.
- Connect and check in with participants constantly. Notice someone hasn’t been logging their activity? Reach out to them individually to make sure everything is okay and encourage them to get back on track. They’ll be more likely to stick with the challenge if they know someone is holding them accountable.
- Surprise your participants; throw down a challenge. Whether it’s a day where everyone completes 10 push-ups, shares their favorite meal photo and recipe, or does the most squats in a minute, small prizes or contests can help keep your participants engaged and motivated.
- Recognize, Recognize, Recognize! Another Coach vital behavior, it’s key to recognize the positive changes and healthier lifestyle choices people make, no matter how small. Recognition keeps challengers engaged and motivated. Consider designating a day of the week to highlight someone’s success, or, better yet, do it daily.
- Encourage participants to submit their results to the Beachbody Challenge contest. Everyone loves free stuff. Make sure your participants enter the contest once they complete their challenge to get rewarded with a free completion prize, and a chance to win some cash.
- Continue with the momentum even after your Challenge Group ends. Check out these tips for effectively wrapping up your Challenge Groups and getting your participants to join your next challenge – or transition to become a Coach.
Note Regarding Links
This guide contains links to products and resources on TeamBeachbody.com. To ensure you receive credit for any sales made through these links, simply append this (inserting your OWN Coach repID) to the end of the URL: ?referringRepId=yourID
Example for Coach with repID of 2422 linking to the 3-Day Refresh and Shakeology Challenge Pack: https://www.teambeachbody.com/checkout/-/bbcheckout/challengepack//3-day-refresh?referringRepId=2422
Motivation Shakeology Nutrition Check-In Getting Started
To help you prepare for your upcoming 3-Day Refresh, I highly recommended you follow these easy steps:
- Clean out your kitchen, removing any junk or trigger foods that could derail your program.
- Read the Program Guide to familiarize yourself with 3-Day Refresh and your food options.
- Fill in your selections for 3-Day Refresh-approved fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and dinner recipes in the spaces provided in your Program Guide to make shopping and planning simple.
- Shop for your 3-Day Refresh selected foods prior to starting the program.
While preparing for the 3-Day Refresh, here are some additional suggestions to consider:
- Limit your caffeine intake
- Cycle down on strenuous workout routines
- Reduce (or eliminate) your consumption of red meat
Keep in mind, 3-Day Refresh is NOT a starvation plan, but it is a low-calorie program that's packed with fiber. If your current diet isn't already high fiber, it's a good idea to eat a large salad and/or a few servings of fresh fruits and veggies each day for a week leading up to the program to avoid any digestive discomfort during the 3-Day Refresh.
Welcome to Day 1! It's incredibly important to stay hydrated during the 3-Day Refresh. Water helps you do EVERYTHING! It's the body's lubricant and is required for every major bodily process. It keeps your digestion flowing, flushes out toxins, keeps your system balanced, and helps control hunger.
The 3-Day Refresh Program Guide recommends you drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water every day. So, if you weigh 150 lbs., you should drink at least 75 ounces of water per day.
As I mentioned previously, 3-Day Refresh is loaded with fiber! Why is that so great? Eating a diet rich in fiber promotes satiety, helps balance blood sugar, promotes cardiovascular health and keeps your digestive tract more regular.
Speaking of improving digestion, Shakeology absolutely is a game-changer. The prebiotics, probiotics, fiber, and digestive enzyme blend can help support regularity and healthy digestion. How many of you have already noticed a change in your digestive behavior?
If you're feeling a little tired, or even irritable, just remember you're providing your body with healthy, clean nutrition, including a generous amount of fiber. Your system may be adjusting to this, along with fewer calories than it is used to. During this time, give yourself full permission to take a break from strenuous activity, and to get extra rest. It's only 3 days. Slow down and give your body the break it deserves.
As you near the finish line, just remind yourself of all the reasons you chose to do the Refresh. Chances are you're already feeling lighter and healthier. If you don't, it could be that your digestive system is still playing catch-up. It may not be accustomed to eating such a high-fiber diet. But don't be alarmed if that's the case. It's perfectly normal for some people. This too shall "pass."
If you've been adventurous and tried new fruits or veggies that you normally wouldn't be eating, congratulate yourself! Variety is one of the keys to great nutrition.
Congratulations—you've finished the Refresh! But the journey doesn't end here. Your body should be feeling lighter, healthier, and revitalized.
As you reflect on your journey, think about who else in your life would benefit from the 3-Day Refresh. Spread the healthy word and contact me about finding a way to help your loved ones get on a path to a healthier, happier life.
As hard as we all try, it's impossible to eat 100% clean, 100% of the time. Life has a habit of getting in the way of the perfect diet. So it's important to do the best you can, but give yourself some grace when you waver. When you're ready, do another round of this 3-Day Refresh. Because you've followed the baseline rules, it shouldn't be too tough to get back to business.