Challenge Group Guide
Get content you can customize and share with your A WEEK OF HARD LABOR™ Challenge Groups.
- Create a Challenge Group in the My Challenge Tracker Coach Portal, and invite your participants to download the My Challenge Tracker App. Alternatively, you can set up a private Facebook® group.
- Post the prep week topics to your group's feed.
Challenge Group Best Practices
- Use My Challenge Tracker. My Challenge Tracker was designed to help you run your Challenge Groups and get your customers the best results possible. Using the app, your participants can track their workouts, Shakeology, weight, measurements and progress photos, while interacting with one another in a closed forum. Simultaneously, with the Coach Portal, you can gain insights into your participants’ daily activities to help keep everyone accountable.
- Kick off with a group meeting and set expectations. Whether in person, via Zoom or over the phone, holding an initial group meeting is a great way to set clear expectations that can define a rewarding experience for your participants. It also creates a team culture where participants can feel a sense of belonging and gain encouragement from others. Walk them through the My Challenge Tracker app, showing them how to track their activity and engage within the group. Tell them what they need to do to be successful (i.e., check in daily, drink Shakeology, set realistic short-term and long-term goals, etc.). Share how you and others in the group will support them along the way.
- Share the Team Beachbody meal prep guides. These guides are tailored to different calorie needs and make meal prep simple, providing grocery lists and step-by-step instructions for planning breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks — one week at a time.
- Lead by example with our #1 Vital Behavior, be proof the products work. Track your activity and share your experiences daily, so your participants can replicate actions that will help them succeed.
- Connect and check in with participants constantly. Hold a weekly zoom call for your challengers to ask questions and share successes and challenges to increase group engagement and morale. Additionally, if you notice someone hasn’t been logging their activity, reach out to them individually to make sure everything is okay and encourage them to get back on track. They’ll be more likely to stick with the challenge if they know someone is holding them accountable.
- Surprise your participants; throw down a challenge. Whether it’s a day where everyone completes 10 push-ups, shares their favorite meal photo and recipe, or does the most squats in a minute, small prizes or contests can help keep your participants engaged and motivated.
- Recognize, Recognize, Recognize! Another Coach vital behavior, it’s key to recognize the positive changes and healthier lifestyle choices people make, no matter how small. Recognition keeps challengers engaged and motivated. Consider designating a day of the week to highlight someone’s success, or, better yet, do it daily.
- Encourage participants to submit their results to the Beachbody Challenge contest. Everyone loves free stuff. Make sure your participants enter the contest once they complete their challenge to get rewarded with a free completion prize, and a chance to win some cash.
- Continue with the momentum even after your Challenge Group ends. Check out these tips for effectively wrapping up your Challenge Groups and getting your participants to join your next challenge – or transition to become a Coach.
Note Regarding Links
This guide contains links to products and resources on TeamBeachbody.com. To ensure you receive credit for any sales made through these links, simply append this (inserting your OWN Coach repID) to the end of the URL: ?referringRepId=yourID
Example for Coach with repID of 2422 linking to the Annual All-Access Beachbody On Demand and Shakeology® Challenge Pack: https://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/checkout/-/bbcheckout/challengepack/annual-all-access-BOD?referringRepId=2422
Beachbody On Demand Beachbody Performance Fitness Getting Started Motivation Nutrition Shakeology
PREP WEEK(Week prior to challenge start date)
Welcome to our A WEEK OF HARD LABOR Challenge Group.
Whether you want to start getting ripped or simply amp up your workout schedule, you are in the right place—and you’ll be successful as long as you keep a “whatever it takes” attitude. Led by Body Beast’s Sagi Kalev, A WEEK OF HARD LABOR includes 5 days of intense weightlifting routines, as well as a 5-day eating plan to keep your nutrition clean and optimized for performance. I’ll be honest—A WEEK OF HARD LABOR is tough. But I will be here to keep you motivated every step of the way. Treat this as your support group. Ask questions, share your experiences, and connect with other members. Staying accountable to each other is the best thing you can do to ensure your success.
Since A WEEK OF HARD LABOR is challenging, Sagi suggests modifications throughout, but please know that you can lower your weights (or even do the reps without weights) at any time. Sagi and I just want you to give it your best shot.
Let’s kick things off with introductions. Copy and paste your answers to the questions below:
- Why are you committing to A WEEK OF HARD LABOR?
- Where do you live?
- What's your occupation?
- Are you drinking Shakeology and/or taking any Beachbody Performance supplements?
- What can we do to help you succeed?
If you’re not already familiar with Beachbody On Demand, spend some time looking around since this is where you’ll stream A WEEK OF HARD LABOR. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- You can stream your workouts from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone, or download the free Beachbody On Demand app for iPhone, iPad, or Android. You can also stream Beachbody On Demand through your TV using Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Chromecast.
- A WEEK OF HARD LABOR includes a 5-day eating plan that you can access digitally on the program page. With Beachbody On Demand, you'll also have access to nutrition plans across all of our other programs as well as hundreds of recipes on the Beachbody On Demand blog. Beachbody’s healthy cooking show, FIXATE, features some awesome easy-to-follow recipes prepared in perfect portions for healthy weight loss.
- Aside from A WEEK OF HARD LABOR, you can access more than 700 workouts on Beachbody On Demand after you finish the program.
Log in now: www.beachbodyondemand.com (Subscription fees apply. See website for full details.)
Get ready to start the week strong. A WEEK OF HARD LABOR requires a couple pieces of equipment:
- Weight bench (or a large stability ball)
- Chin-up bar (or resistance bands with a door attachment)
- Set of light, medium, heavy, and heavy plus (your heaviest) dumbbells
Need help determining how much weight you should use? If you’re relatively new to weightlifting, go with lighter weights. If you find you're not challenged, try heavier weights the next day. Just remember to lift the appropriate weight that will allow you to be able to complete all of your sets of a given exercise with good form. Just because Sagi can lift 100 pounds on each arm during the workout doesn’t mean you have to do the same, and in fact, you can lift 3- or 5-pound weights if you want!
For a checklist of everything you’ll need, download the workout calendar from the Program Materials section of A WEEK OF HARD LABOR.
If you haven't already, today's a good day to set goals for what you'd like to accomplish by the end of your challenge. Because A WEEK OF HARD LABOR is only 5 days, keep your goals realistic for the short time frame. While it’s true that you’re not going to get completely ripped in just 5 days, this week will help you reset your body and mind to be healthier and more positive!
Make a promise to give your best every day. When the going gets tough (and trust me, it will get tough), remember this promise—and remember we’re in this together.
Take some time today to review the A WEEK OF HARD LABOR eating plan, so your diet is on point from Day One. Eating right is key for A WEEK OF HARD LABOR if you want to maximize your results.
In addition to eating minimally processed foods, consuming plenty of fruits and vegetables, and staying hydrated, drinking Shakeology daily can provide the “missing link” to superfood nutrition you may not normally get. Shakeology is a superfood protein shake packed with globally sourced premium ingredients, including phytonutrients, antioxidants, enzymes, pre- and probiotics, adaptogens, and more. Not only can Shakeology help you lose weight and curb junk-food cravings, it can provide you with healthy energy to help you power through A WEEK OF HARD LABOR.* If you haven’t already done so, this is the time to grab Shakeology and kick junk food and sugary soda drinks to the curb!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Just because these workouts aren’t cardio-based doesn’t mean you’re not going to sweat. Conversely, you’re going to sweat A LOT from these long workouts.
To avoid dehydration and maximize your performance, it’s important to drink plenty of fluids throughout your day. We recommend half your body weight in ounces. We also recommend Beachbody Performance Hydrate during your workout for an extra edge. Not only is keeping your fluids up important for keeping your body well lubricated and functioning properly, but research shows that even a 1–2% drop in hydration level can mean up to a 10% loss in power output—and when you’re doing A WEEK OF HARD LABOR, it’s all about the power, right?
Here are some more tips on staying hydrated to get the most out of your workouts: https://tbbcoa.ch/2xsuXlG
We kick off tomorrow, so rest up and come prepared to start working hard.
Because these workouts require several pieces of equipment, make sure you have ample room in your work out space.
REMEMBER, this is as much about a mental commitment as a physical one. One week IS doable! Sagi and I will be with you every step of the way. Be sure to listen to your body, know your limits, and check these items off your to-do list:
- Get a set of light, medium, and heavy dumbbells (and heavy plus if you have and can lift extra weight), weight bench (or large stability ball), and chin-up bar (or resistance bands with a door attachment)
- Set your goals (but be realistic)
- Review the eating plan
- Determine your work out space
A WEEK OF HARD LABOR
Day 1: Chest & Back
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Core
Day 4: Shoulder & Arms
Day 5: Total Body
IT’S DAY ONE AND IT’S TIME TO GET TO WORK.
Every day you will work one or multiple muscle groups to fatigue, so while you’ll get a great total-body workout with A WEEK OF HARD LABOR, your muscles will be exhausted at the end. When I need a little extra to get me through the workout, I take Beachbody Performance Energize thirty minutes before, which gives me the energy I need to power through. Some people may experience paresthesia, or a "tingly" feeling in their skin, after taking Energize, this is a common response to beta-alanine and will generally subside within 60 to 90 minutes.*
After you’re spent from Chest & Back today, Beachbody Performance Recover is a great way to help combat exercise-induced muscle soreness. This formula has the ideal combination of timed-released proteins and phytonutrients to help facilitate muscle recovery and promote muscle protein synthesis.* I’m a huge fan of the Orange-flavored Recover, but there’s a Chocolate flavor as well.
Even though you might be hurting now, building muscle has all kinds of benefits. Strength training can help you burn more fat, lose weight, and build strong bones, which is so important as we age. Pat yourself on the back because you’re all doing an amazing job!
Read more for these tips on how to build muscle: https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/tips-for-building-muscle
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
It’s Day Two and I want to talk nutrition!
The 5-day eating plan includes sample menus and variety-packed food lists so it takes the complexity out of eating right over the course of the week. An easy and delicious no-brainer to add to this regimen is drinking Shakeology. Because Shakeology is packed with some of the world’s most potent, nutritious, and delicious ingredients, it’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to help you eat healthy, stay satisfied, and power through your A WEEK OF HARD LABOR workouts.* Plus, Shakeology now comes in a variety of delicious original and vegan flavors, so you’re sure to please your taste buds.
Need some meal ideas? Try Sagi’s: he likes to pair brown rice with organic protein, and use natural spices like paprika, cilantro, and basil to add flavor. His dinner salads include a mix of chickpeas, spinach, dark leafy greens, carrots, and a healthy protein. For more recipe ideas, check out the Body Beast Eating Plan, FIXATE on Beachbody On Demand, and the Shakeology site for recipes specific to Shakeology.
What’s your favorite healthy recipe?
The best thing about this program is these five routines can be used for a lifetime—do them over and over again, or add them à la carte to your workout regimen to target whichever muscle group you desire that day.
Because A WEEK OF HARD LABOR is one of the toughest weightlifting programs ever put on Beachbody On Demand, I do not recommend doing another workout during these five days. After this week, you can always do these workouts again, or you can mix it up with another Beachbody On Demand workout and return to A WEEK OF HARD LABOR on another week. There are over 700 workouts on Beachbody On Demand—everything from resistance training to cardio to dance to yoga—to keep you engaged every day.
Today’s routine is Core! This dynamic core workout is tough and you’ll be working your midsection from every angle. A lot of the moves are done at a slow pace, so don’t think you’ll be rushing through this one. Embrace the challenge! Let’s get to it!
I’m so so proud of everyone supporting each other throughout the week. If you’re starting to feel defeated with these punishing workouts, remember that we are here for each other—I am here to encourage you and lift up your spirits whenever you need it. When it comes to fitness, or other areas of life, it’s really about having the mental toughness to get through it.
Read this for 10 Ways to Improve Mental Strength during a Hard Workout: https://tbbcoa.ch/2xsKmlX
Today’s workout is Shoulders & Arms. We hit the shoulders hard in this workout. Only if you’re able to, follow it with a bicep curl challenge and dynamic tricep exercises and you’re done! Let’s keep the positive energy going.
CONGRATULATIONS! Today is the last day of A WEEK OF HARD LABOR and it’s one of the hardest workouts yet—Total Body. This is no ordinary total-body workout. There are only five moves and two sets of weights, but don’t let that fool you. The reps will increase and decrease throughout the workout, leaving you feeling exhausted, but you’ll also feel accomplished when it’s done.
So what’s next? The great thing about Beachbody On Demand is you have access to a ton of programs to continue your health and fitness journey. As I mentioned before, you can do another round of A WEEK OF HARD LABOR, or do a gentler yoga program to help you recover. You can also do Sagi’s Body Beast, which is a 90-day weightlifting program that is a notch easier than A WEEK OF HARD LABOR but will still test your fitness! Whatever you decide, I'm here to help you along the way!
I'm actually starting a new [insert group name] Challenge Group on [insert date] and would love if you joined! Just message me if you are interested.
Now here's a message from a special someone who would like to congratulate you on your success: https://youtu.be/yvWOX_8aHOg