Challenge Group Guide
Get content you can customize and share with your CLEAN WEEK™ Challenge Groups.
- Create a Challenge Group in the My Challenge Tracker Coach Portal, and invite your participants to download the My Challenge Tracker App. Alternatively, you can set up a private Facebook® group.
- Review the Product Training Guide for everything you need to know about CLEAN WEEK.
- Post Week 0 topics to your group's feed.
Challenge Group Best Practices
- Use My Challenge Tracker. My Challenge Tracker was designed to help you run your Challenge Groups and get your customers the best results possible. Using the app, your participants can track their workouts, Shakeology, weight, measurements and progress photos, while interacting with one another in a closed forum. Simultaneously, with the Coach Portal, you can gain insights into your participants’ daily activities to help keep everyone accountable.
- Kick off with a group meeting and set expectations. Whether in person, via Zoom or over the phone, holding an initial group meeting is a great way to set clear expectations that can define a rewarding experience for your participants. It also creates a team culture where participants can feel a sense of belonging and gain encouragement from others. Walk them through the My Challenge Tracker app, showing them how to track their activity and engage within the group. Tell them what they need to do to be successful (i.e., check in daily, drink Shakeology, set realistic short-term and long-term goals, etc.). Share how you and others in the group will support them along the way.
- Share the Team Beachbody meal prep guides. These guides are tailored to different calorie needs and make meal prep simple, providing grocery lists and step-by-step instructions for planning breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks — one week at a time.
- Lead by example with our #1 Vital Behavior, be proof the products work. Track your activity and share your experiences daily, so your participants can replicate actions that will help them succeed.
- Connect and check in with participants constantly. Hold a weekly zoom call for your challengers to ask questions and share successes and challenges to increase group engagement and morale. Additionally, if you notice someone hasn’t been logging their activity, reach out to them individually to make sure everything is okay and encourage them to get back on track. They’ll be more likely to stick with the challenge if they know someone is holding them accountable.
- Surprise your participants; throw down a challenge. Whether it’s a day where everyone completes 10 push-ups, shares their favorite meal photo and recipe, or does the most squats in a minute, small prizes or contests can help keep your participants engaged and motivated.
- Recognize, Recognize, Recognize! Another Coach vital behavior, it’s key to recognize the positive changes and healthier lifestyle choices people make, no matter how small. Recognition keeps challengers engaged and motivated. Consider designating a day of the week to highlight someone’s success, or, better yet, do it daily.
- Encourage participants to submit their results to the Beachbody Challenge contest. Everyone loves free stuff. Make sure your participants enter the contest once they complete their challenge to get rewarded with a free completion prize, and a chance to win some cash.
- Continue with the momentum even after your Challenge Group ends. Check out these tips for effectively wrapping up your Challenge Groups and getting your participants to join your next challenge – or transition to become a Coach.
Note Regarding Links
This guide contains links to products and resources on TeamBeachbody.com. To ensure you receive credit for any sales made through these links, simply append this (inserting your OWN Coach repID) to the end of the URL: ?referringRepId=yourID
Example for Coach with repID of 2422 linking to CLEAN WEEK Annual All-Access Beachbody On Demand & Shakeology Challenge Pack®: https://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/checkout/-/bbcheckout/challengepack/cleanweek-all-access-BOD?referringRepId=2422
Motivation Shakeology Nutrition Fitness Beachbody Performance Check-In Getting Started Success Stories Beachbody On Demand Trainer Tips Shop Rules Daily Sunshine
Week 0(Week prior to challenge start date)
Welcome to our Clean Week Challenge Group! This group is designed to support you through 7 days of simple lifestyle changes so you can eat better, start losing weight, and create the healthy habits you need for lifelong health and fitness. We’ll be starting our group on___[date]___, but we’ll spend the next few days getting everyone ready so you have a great experience when we start!
Clean Week is a great way to start your health and fitness journey. During our Challenge Group, you’ll get a taste of what it takes to achieve real results by working out daily, fueling your body with the right nutrition, drinking Shakeology, and holding each other accountable.
While this group is only 7 days, I promise you that as you realize how easy it is to make these healthy changes&emdash;and how good you feel&emdash;you won’t want to stop! I hope you’ll want to continue getting results—and keeping them&emdash;by adopting an ongoing healthy lifestyle, including healthy nutrition, fitness, and support.
And Clean Week trainer Megan Davies and I will be here to support you along the way.
I encourage you to make the most of this Challenge Group. Ask questions, share your experiences, and connect with other members. Be open and rely on the group. We’re in this together so we can help each other succeed. For extra support, I’ll add helpful nutrition and fitness tips, inspirational thoughts, tasty recipes, and motivational updates from Megan.
So, let’s break the ice! Start by introducing yourself. Just copy and paste your answers to the following questions below:
- Why are you committing to this challenge?
- Where do you live?
- How can we best support you to reach your goals?
Here’s a message from Megan welcoming you to the Clean Week Challenge! Check it out.
As I said before, Clean Week is the perfect way to get started on a healthier lifestyle. In just one week, you’ll experience the complete Beachbody solution, which combines healthy nutrition, fitness, and support—all the ingredients you need for success. I’ve seen so many of my customers have incredible success with this solution.
If you haven’t purchased your Clean Week Shakeology Sampler yet, I encourage you to do so for the full Clean Week experience. Here’s what it includes:
- 7-Day Supply of Shakeology: • More than just a delicious superfood, protein shake with vitamins and minerals, adaptogens, probiotics, and more, Shakeology has tremendous benefits to help you get your best results, like helping build lean muscle mass, support healthy glucose metabolism, and maintain healthy immune system function.
- Shakeology Welcome Guide: This handy guide has everything you need to know about Shakeology, including details of our globally sourced premium ingredients and how they benefit your body.
- Clean Week Meal Planner: This is your step-by-step guide to healthy eating. It includes a variety of simple and delicious recipes for your meals and Shakeology. And it shows you the power of meal-prepping, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and have healthy choices on hand all week.
- Clean Week Quick Start Guide: Jump right in to the program with this simple guide that shows you how to get started in 3 steps.
During our Clean Week Challenge Group, we’ll be using the 4 free Clean Week workouts by Megan Davies on BeachbodyOnDemand.com to shape and define your abs, build strength while targeting all the major muscle groups, burn calories and kick-start your metabolism, and increase your range of motion while lengthening and strengthening your muscles.
Be sure to review all these program materials before we start Clean Week so you’re ready to go!
I wanted to share a quick follow-up to my post yesterday about Shakeology. Truthfully, Shakeology was the easiest habit for me to develop—and I’m confident it will be yours, too! Why do I recommend it so strongly for our Clean Week Challenge Group? Because in our fast-paced lives, the dense nutrition of Shakeology will help give your body what it needs quickly and easily every day. Not only is it delicious, it’s designed to help you get your best results from your workouts and your meal planner and can help:
- Build and repair muscle tissue
- Support healthy glucose metabolism
- Maintain immune system function
- Maintain good health
Try These Delicious Recipes
To make your shakes even more tasty, the Clean Week Meal Planner includes recipes for each of your Shakeology flavours. Check out Megan’s recipe videos on the Clean Week program page on BeachbodyOnDemand.com. Then make sure to get the ingredients for the recipes you want to try by Day 1. My favourite Shakeology recipe is [INSERT FAVOURITE RECIPE]!
Meal prep is definitely one of your biggest tools for a successful Clean Week. Like the saying goes, failing to prepare is preparing to fail!
So now, with only two days left before Day One of our challenge, it's important that you’re ready to fuel your body the right way. Here’s how to prepare:
- Clear any junk foods or snack foods from the main parts of your pantry. If you have kids who eat snack foods, keep the foods in one spot in your pantry that’s reserved just for them.
- Read the Clean Week Meal Planner and create your Clean Week menu.
- Go grocery shopping. (Don’t forget the ingredients for the Shakeology recipes you want to try!)
- Do your meal prep now so you’re ready for the entire week—it really helps you stay on track.
SUCCESS TIP #1
By preparing as much food as possible, in advance, you can minimize your cooking during the week. So if you're planning to enjoy the same recipe several times during the week, just multiply the ingredients in the recipe by that number and make it all at once.
Have you set your goals for the next 7 days? If you haven’t, today is the day! Ask yourself what you want to accomplish. Do you want to:
- Improve your nutrition?
- Start creating healthy habits?
- Feel confident about your health and fitness?
Whatever your goals are, write them down and put them where you can see them every day. Keep them realistic. You aren’t going to lose a ton of weight or get completely toned in a week. But you CAN start moving in the right direction—which is a great first step.
Keep Track of Your Progress
With Clean Week, and any nutrition and fitness program you do in the future, it’s important to track your progress. That’s why we have a free My Challenge Tracker app for you to use in this Challenge Group. I’ll be able to see your results on a daily basis and provide encouragement to help you stay on track.
In addition, we included a Transformation Tracker in your Clean Week Quick Start Guide for you to record your “before” weight, photos, and measurements in one handy spot. Believe me, you’ll be glad you did this later when you see how far you've come. Plus, tracking your “before” and “after” info is the only way you can enter the Beachbody Challenge Contest and get your free Beachbody T-shirt—and a chance to win cash and prizes!
Now let’s talk Clean Week workouts. To get started, just go to BeachbodyOnDemand.com and you can stream all four workouts for FREE!
Trainer Megan Davies created these four workouts—Cardio, Strength, Core Function, and Active Flex—to introduce you to the foundations of fitness. The result is a well-rounded fitness program that’s perfect for all levels. If you have any questions about how to access these workouts, just ask me!
Getting Ready to Work Out
You’ll do one 30-minute workout each day. All the workouts consist of simple yet effective exercises based on popular workout programs found in the full Beachbody On Demand library, so when you finish Clean Week you’ll be familiar with Beachbody programs and ready to start your next one.
Only one workout requires equipment—the Strength workout. You’ll need one set of dumbbells. Simply choose a weight that feels right to you. Start with lighter 5-lb. dumbbells, then try 10- or 15-lb. dumbbells for your next level up. You can always increase your weight as you get stronger.
Finally, decide what time of day to work out. Block off that time on your calendar, and commit to it. You should also decide where you want to work out. With Beachbody On Demand, you can stream the workouts on your TV, laptop, mobile device, or tablet for the flexibility to work out anywhere you want.
GET EXCITED! Tomorrow is the first day of Clean Week! That means today is your last day to check these items off your list:
__ Review your program materials
__ Schedule your workouts
__ Find your workout space
__ Get a set of dumbbells
__ Set your goals (short-term and long)
__ Take your “before” photos and record your measurements
__ Remove all junk foods from your kitchen
__ Do your meal prep—it’s so important to your success this week!
Remember, before you make it a lifestyle, you only need to make it through this week. And we are going to CRUSH IT!
Core Function #1: Days 1, 5
Cardio #2: Days 2, 6
Strength #3: Days 3, 7
Active Flexibility #4: Day 4
Welcome to your official first day of Clean Week!
By now you should be ready to hit the ground running. Are you excited to start your new healthy lifestyle? Ready to dive in? Today you’ll do your first official workout and then, of course, you’ll have your first delicious shake. Let’s get started!
Today’s workout is Core Function. You’ll be shaping and defining your abs with full-body movements that really engage your core. So grab your water and a towel and let’s sweat it out!
After you finish, check in with the group and let us know how it went for you! Let’s encourage each other!
Shakeology is the perfect between-meal supplement that’s so much more than just a simple snack. It’s formulated with superfood nutrition that most people don’t get in their everyday diets, like premium proteins, antioxidants, phytonutrients, prebiotics, probiotics, and other key ingredients. It’s so delicious—and versatile! You’ll find great Shakeology recipes in your Clean Week Meal Planner. I’ve also included some additional recipes here.
Not only is it a quick, easy, and delicious treat, 97% of surveyed daily Shakeology drinkers believe it's a smart investment in their health.† Shakeology is a great way to fuel your body with powerful nutrients and help you stay on track with the Clean Week program.
SUCCESS TIP #3
If you want a thick, soft-serve ice cream-textured smoothie, simply peel, cut, and freeze some bananas, then blend them with your Shakeology and enjoy!
†Based on a survey of 2,769 Shakeology users, including independent Team Beachbody Coaches, who drank Shakeology 5 or more times per week and exercised at least 3 times per week.
Today's workout is Strength. This workout targets all the major muscle groups to give you total-body definition.
With these moves, remember it’s quality over quantity. Great form will help you get your best results, so slow down if you need to but power through it. Now, grab your weights and start sculpting a leaner you.
When you’re done, let us know your favourite move!
SUCCESS TIP #2
Stay hydrated! Water plays such a big role in many of your body’s systems. It helps you exercise more effectively and helps control hunger. Every day, you should drink water equal to your body weight, divided by two, in ounces. So if you weigh 160 pounds, you should consume 80 ounces of water daily.
Congrats, we’re halfway through the week! Today is Active Flex. But first I’d like to give some shout-outs...
Coach Tip: : Take some time to recognize the efforts of one or more people in your group. This helps foster camaraderie and strengthens community spirit. It's also a great way to encourage people to stay consistent with the program over the upcoming weekend.
You could post about someone who is on point with the workouts, staying on track with the Meal Planner, drinking their daily Shakeology, or being super-supportive to others in the group. For example: Shout-out to [Name]! Her meal prep game is strong and she is crushing her workouts!
Now, back to Active Flex. This workout will increase your range of motion, lengthen and strengthen your muscles, and leave you feeling more flexible and relaxed. It’s a great opportunity to stretch your muscles and work through any soreness from your first 3 days so you can be ready for the last 3 days.
As always, check back in here after you finish and let us know how you feel!
We’re back to Core Function today so I want you to push yourself a little more. How are you feeling? Are you comfortable with the moves? Is your form good? Are you ready to take the intensity up a notch? Then follow the intensifier and put more into every move so you can burn even more calories and boost your results.
Just two days left—you’re almost there! Don’t forget, I’m here to help you get the results you want, not just this week but on the next step of your health and fitness journey, too. Keep going. You’re doing great!
Today’s workout is cardio. This heart-pumping routine with intervals of cardio bursts can kick-start your metabolism, so you burn fat, shed pounds, and feel energized.
By this point, you’ve tried most of the Shakeology flavours, so tell me: what is your favourite flavour? More importantly, have you noticed any changes since you’ve started drinking Shakeology 6 days ago? More energy? Better digestion?
Coach Tip: Share what Shakeology has helped you with the most.
CONGRATULATIONS! OMG, we finished! I’m so proud of you for taking this first step to start your healthier lifestyle.
Think back to just a week ago. What were your short-term goals? Did you accomplish them? How do feel now that you’re done? Finishing Clean Week is one the most important steps you’ve taken toward a healthier lifestyle. You’ve created the healthy habits you need to reach your long-term goals. And you’ve got momentum! So your next best step is to try a Challenge Pack. It has just what you need to continue getting great results: a 30-day supply of Shakeology, an annual membership to Beachbody On Demand, the Portion Fix eating system, and of course, my ongoing support. I’ll be here to keep you accountable and support you every step of the way.
If you’re curious about which program to do next, check out the video below. In it, Megan gives you some quick tips on how to pick your next program on Beachbody On Demand. I’ll be here to discuss what’s next for you, too. Remember, with Beachbody’s total solution of fitness, nutrition, and support, you get everything you need to succeed on your journey to a healthy lifestyle. I’ve helped so many people reach their goals and get the results they’ve always wanted. I’m excited to help you do the same!